Key 2 of the seven guiding elements or Keys, are the rules from the former dispensation that are modified rules making them new in the new dispensation.
The laws or rules of a dispensation comes from God. God gives the absolute for any modification, which would be applied to the rules, and laws for a change.
Humanity does not have the right to fabricate any modification to the principles that God has given. Therefore, whenever a law, of God is change or modified for a dispensation, humanity has to consult the revealed Word of God, the Bible, which has to be the guiding principle for implementation for the dispensation in one's life. Just because humanity passes a law does not qualify it to be valid for humanity.
Example: marriage is ordained by God before sexual fulfillment and any relationship, outside marriage between a man and a woman is evil and wrong. Humanity cannot change the universal truth of God, making it acceptable without damaging the existence of the holy universal truth of God. There are modifications from God allowing the penalty of disobedience to the law of marriage, but the universal truth does not change.
Humanity is to give judgment, but keep in place the holy universal truth untouched. Humanity does not have the right to fabricate or make any modification to the universal principles of God. Humanity will be held accountable now and for eternity in the way they carry out God's universal truths for the dispensation, when carrying out God's plan.
The modified rules that God makes become part of the new rules in the working operation of the dispensation, along with the rules that were not before revealed. In rule two, which is one of the seven keys or guiding principles of dispensations is rules which changed. These changes may affect the scientific discoveries, the living environment, the dietary rule, the governing rules, or the leadership, (stewardship) of the dispensation operating at the time, and future dispensations unless changed by Him.
Once the changes are revealed, and are implemented for the new dispensation, they begin to govern the dispensation. When the changes relate to an absolute truth or absolute moral truth, they will not change the absolute truth, but the implementation can change in how it will be carries out.
(Example: Murder has always been an absolute truth and wrong, but the full application of the just judgment or the way it was handled or applied there are changes. First, the Dispensation of Conscience, a mark from God was put on an individual, Genesis 4:15-16. Followed by the Dispensation of Human Government a life for a life or capital punishment was instituted, Genesis 9:5-6. Later more detail in the governing of the judgment for murder was given, written in the Mosaic Law, for the Dispensation of Promise, Exodus 20:13. Then in the Dispensation of Grace, combined with the just judgment of a court of law, the government will execute the judgment and punishment according to the law, Romans 13:4. Finally during the Dispensation of the Kingdom, execution of the offender will have a particular period of time to repent, Isaiah 65:20. However, murder has always been an absolute violation of the moral law of God and His justice, righteousness and holiness.).
With the handling of the dispensation, the rules of the implementing of the changes will never violate absolute truth. Within it there are covenants, and when it comes to additional covenants, covenants can be given in a new dispensation. Also, remember a dispensation is not a covenant, but covenants are within dispensations. Covenants may find their fulfillment in the active dispensation or continue through it and into the next. A modified rule within a dispensation does not nullify or modify a covenant or inverses the covenant. Remember a dispensation will end and another will start when all seven key elements are met for a change. A covenant is fulfilled according to the original promise made when given. Covenants are given to an individual or a certain group of people.
Dispensations have the information of operation or the governing rules (new or modified) with the responsibilities and obedience for all humanity to follow. These are the rules that God has established for the economy for the particular dispensation.
The modified rules of a dispensation are applicable to the whole world and requires humanity to follow these administration's rules. The whole world is affected by a dispensation, and each person is responsible to find, seeking their individual responsibility, (Just because God has revealed a certain stewardship of leadership for the dispensation as His primary leaders, it does not exclude anyone from being accountable, but all humanity has the responsibility to seek God according to rules set forth in the economy. All humanity has some avenue of responsibility to perform that God had revealed in His word leading them to reconciliation with Him.). A dispensation would never end if humanity would not fail, and since they did and will in the future fail, the redemptive working of God goes on until His long-suffering comes to an end. Those whom receive God's redemptive gift while alive receive the promise of its completion at death, and the reuniting of the body with the spirit at the resurrection which gives eternal completion to the Redemptive Covenant for those individuals, Ephesians 1:13,14; I Thessalonians 4:13-18.
The following deals with the modified rules, and the universal rules with their modifications, but never changing their universality by the modification. Also, there are other rules which were revealed in a dispensation that became or will become modified in the next dispensation or dispensations.
Some of the modified changes found in the Dispensation of Innocence:
Because this is the first dispensation and everything came into existence out of nothing, many of the following universal truths will carry forward to all dispensations. Also, some will be laws that will be modified as they are carried out in future dispensations. (Example the earth was created good, but with sin it became corrupted and it decays, Romans 8:18-25. Fellowship changed as to the way God would have fellowship with humanity. The universal truth is that God wants us to have fellowship with Him, but it is different from the way humanity spent in the Garden of Eden.) The following points are compared to eternity past before the creation of all things by God. When it comes to creation the word modified is used for CHANGE, because God created everything out of nothing, so modified here means changed from nothing.
- The first change from eternity is unique because God created time and it began, Genesis 1:14-19, Isaiah 40:28,
- God entered into time not just looking on, but entering into it - the infinite with the finite, Genesis1:1,2, Act 17:26-28, Psalms 94:9-13,18,19, Psalms 139, The infinite with the finite can be considered a modified change from eternity prior to God's creation because now the infinite walked and conversed with the finite.
- He created the heavens and earth and all the symmetry, the design of nature and life are modified from nothing to eternal existence, Genesis 1-2, John 1:1-4,14, Philippians 2:5-10, Revelation 21:1,
- God shows His glory, modified through showing Himself through creation, Psalms 19,
- God created a dispensation with the laws and rules for the maintaining of His world, modified from nothing existing before, Isaiah 44:24, 45:18,
- God created out of nothing, the laws of nature, Genesis 1:1, Hebrews 11:3, Isaiah 40:28-31,
- God Created the heavens and all its hosts, Angels - Cherubim, Genesis 1:1; 3:22-24, Hebrews 9:5, Ezekiel 10:4, and Seraphim, Isaiah 6:1-3, Living creatures, Revelation 4:6-9, Archangels, I Thessalonians 4:16, Jude 9,
- God created humanity in His image, Genesis 3:8-9, modifying His existence with humanities presents,
- God had and desired to have fellowship with His creation showing a modification from eternity past, II Corinthians 13:14, John 17,
- God created humanity to bring Him glory, modification change from the non-existence of humanity, Ephesians 1:3-6,
- God created the ability for humanity to be cognitive and cognizant of expression, feeling and to be creative as they lived, Genesis 2:7, 1:26-31,
- He gave them the ability to choose and have responsibilities, Genesis 2:15-17, 1:28,
- God made plans beforehand for humanities, failures and the ability was given to modify His rules in carrying out a dispensation, Ephesians 1:4, II Timothy 1:9,
- He created His creation to be eternal as He is eternal, Genesis 3:22, Ecclesiastes 3:11, Hebrews 2:14-15, Mathew 25:41,46, Mark 9: 44, 46, 48, modifying eternity to include humanity,
- God made humans the stewards of His created world, including responsibility, and having a chain of command of unity and order, Genesis 2:15, 19-20,
Some of the Modifications found in the Dispensation of Conscience contrasted to the former dispensation and the future dispensations: The Modifications from here out will relate to things which existed from creation and before the creation.
- Starting in the Dispensation of Conscience with sin, humanities relationship with God changed, God no longer walked with them in innocence in the Garden of Eden, but now walks with them through an atonement or redemptive sacrifice in a fallen world, Romans 5:17-20. The laws in relationship to humanities walk will change in accordance with the atonement sacrifice and with the introduction of prophets, priests, kings, and then the redemption for humanity that Jesus Christ fulfilled.
- The Dispensation of Conscience, after creation's beginning with Adam and Eve sinning, God expelled them from the Garden of Eden which was a perfect environment, which changes the place of relationship, bringing into history the event that brought completion and the ending of the old dispensation, and the full-operation of the new dispensation, Genesis 3:22-24. A perfect environment again will not be seen or modified until the final dispensation called the Dispensation of the Fullness of time, Ephesians 1:10, Revelation 21:1-4, 22-27, Revelation 22.
- After sin, God deals with humanity by the direct use of the Holy Spirit on man's conscience, Genesis 3:8-11; 6:3. The use of a person's conscience changes according to the dispensation in operation, conscience is a universal truth, it remains, but laws are added for humanities awareness of sin, which our conscience response to either positively or negatively, Romans 3:20; Galatians 3:24; Romans 7:5,7,13.
Starting with the Dispensation of Conscience, conviction is given from God according to the dispensation in operation at the time, and will be in accordance to the stewardship of the family heads, judges, prophets, priests, kings, and ordained governments working along with conscience. The future Dispensation of the Kingdom, conscience will be working on humans, working in accordance to Christ's ruling from David's thrown as King, and the Holy Spirit. The conscience will be working until the final dispensation where the Theocracy is completely restored for all eternity, and all the redeemed will be in their glorified body.
- After the failure of the Dispensation of Innocence and humanity sinned in Adam, humanity could no longer have the right to the Tree of Life or any other vegetation in the perfect environment, Genesis 3:22. These changes will go through all the dispensations until the Eternal Kingdom called the Dispensation of the Fullness of Time, Revelation 22:1-6, Ephesians 1:10.
- Humanity's diet was modified from the Dispensation of Conscience, outside the Garden of Eden, consisting only of fruit plants. Humans originally were not meat eaters, Genesis 2:8,9,15-17, (However, future modifications, in the future dispensations will occur from fruit only to eating all kinds of animals, but without the blood, Genesis 9:1-4, and later in the Dispensation of Promise, eating only clean animals, the unclean animals were not to be eaten Leviticus 20:25-26. Animals have a universal classification as clean and unclean. Later in the Dispensation of Grace, humanity can again eat all kinds of animals, Romans 14, Colossians 2:15-23, Acts 10:9-15. The diet of Eden will not be back or modified again until the Millennial reign of Christ in the Dispensation of the Kingdom, Isaiah 11:1-9.),
- Animals in the Dispensation of Conscience were not feared or killed by each other, there were those animals who by creation were scavengers (unclean animals), to clean up the earth, but animals did not attack each other until after the flood, Genesis 9:1-2 cf. Isaiah 11:1-6. This changed after the flood and will continue through other dispensations until the Eternal Kingdom. Also, during the Dispensation of Conscience, before the flood, man did offer blood sacrifices as God instituted for an atonement for sin, for it was required, but there is no record of humanity eating the animals, Genesis 3:21-24, 4:1-15,
- After sin, the environment started to break down, and the physical bodies started to decay, leading to death; also, humanity's livelihood would be by the sweat of one's efforts, thorns, thistles, and their relationships to each other were affected, even the animal kingdom relationship to them changed, Genesis 3:14-20, Romans 5:17-20, Romans 8:18-23,
- Humanity died spiritually in his relationship to God with the sin of Adam and Eve, also, their relationship with their own body, soul and spirit changed, Ephesians 2:1-3, I Corinthians 2:14, Hebrews 4-12. Human's flesh became the primary control over directing the actions of his choices instead of the spirit that God created within each human. The human spirit died to spiritual behavior, Ephesians 2:1-3,
- Humanity started to die physically after the sin of Adam and Eve; having longevity of life, but they still died during the Dispensation of Conscience, ending in the next dispensation to a shorter life span, Genesis 4:8, Genesis 5, Romans 5:12-14. (The change to a shorter lifespan took place, in the Dispensation of Human Government, and will change again to longevity in the 'Millennial reign of Christ,' the Dispensation of the Kingdom, Isaiah 65:20. Of course the eternal dispensation, humanity will live either in one of two places, Heaven or in the Lake of Fire forever, I Peter 1:3-5, I John 5:13, Revelation 20:10-15, 21:6-9).
Physical death does not mean annihilation or ceasing to exist, because humanity was created to be eternal, created in the image of God, Ecclesiastes 3:9-14; 12; I Corinthians 5:1-8. Physical death is the separation of the spirit from the body until the resurrection of the body. At death the spirit of each human will spend its eternalness in one of two places, a place called hell that is not in the presence of God, but in torment, and the redeemed in heaven, in the presence of God, Matthews 25:46; Titus 1:2.
After, the resurrection of the body and the spirit of the non-believer, they will be united with their body, at the Great White Throne Judgment, and will spend the rest of eternity in the Lake of Fire, Jude 1:7; Revelation 20:11-15, and according to God's plan as revealed and described in the Bible in, I Peter 1:4.
Heaven is where God will have fellowship with those redeemed spiritually after their death here on earth, then with the redeems resurrected body, they will be united for eternity in the new heaven and earth in the Dispensation of the Fullness of Time, II Corinthians 5:8,
- After Humanity became sinners, he had to offer an animal sacrifice for an atonement for his sin. God provided the first animal sacrifice of atonement for Adam and Eve individually, an animal clothing provided a covering for their spiritual and physical nakedness, Genesis 3:21, Hebrews 9:2.
A blood sacrifice of an animal was needed for the just payment of sin until Jesus Christ's finished work, who would provide the one just payment, and only His blood sacrifice was sufficient to meet the just requirement of God for sin eternally. (The process of offering the blood sacrifice changed through the dispensations, yet a blood sacrifice is required today, but it is the blood of Jesus Christ's sacrifice that He shed for us today, I Corinthians 6:20, 7:23, Ephesians 1:7, 2:13, Colossians 1:14,20, Hebrews 9:12.),
- With the need of a sacrifice, humans became killers of animals for a sin sacrifice until Christ's finished work on the cross, Hebrews 9,
- Humanity now had to pass along the communication of an animal blood sacrifice, which was required for sin. Humans were responsible passing this knowledge of the blood sacrifice to the next generation, telling them how the sacrifice was to be done, having the attitude of faith. The person who offered the sacrifice had to have faith when giving the sacrifice in order to be accepted, and given from a personal conviction for the individual or individuals. The family heads was primarily responsible to be the priest of his family, (example seen in the book of Job, caring out the sacrifices for his family and friends, Job 1:1-5), Hebrews 11:4, Hebrews 9:22, Deuteronomy 6:6-9.
The ordained institution of the priesthood that followed conscience changed with additional laws over the next dispensations, and when Jesus Christ came for the remission of sin, He changed the priesthood for eternity, Hebrews 10:10, Hebrews 9:12, Hebrews 7:27, Romans 6:10.),
- In the Dispensation of Conscience, God alone judged each person individually for murder, the Biblical account relating to Cain and Able show they had a direct governing (Theocracy), rule from God, Genesis 4:9-16. (God's direct rule changes in the next dispensations where government was established by God and organized by man. This government by man was to be subordinate to the supreme rule of God from then forward until He sets up His Earthly Kingdom where He rule directly on earth again as the head of the world's governments with His glorified saints.)
Some of the changes found in the Dispensation of Human Government are:
- The earth atmosphere and living environment changes from a canopy of vapor over the earth to none. The oceans and mountains appear, certain animals die off and God set his rainbow in the sky for a promise sign, and now the rain falls from the sky watering the earth instead only the dew, modifying the husbandry, Genesis 2:5-6, 7:11, 9:12-17. (See: Genesis Flood, The Genesis Flood the Biblical Record and Its Scientific Implications, John C. Whitcomb: Book.
- Animals started to eat animals and it will continue until the 'Millennial' reign of Christ, Genesis 9:1-8 cf. Isaiah 11:1-6.
- The diet of humanity now included meat, they can eat any animal, along with the fruit of plants and trees, Genesis 9:3.
- Man could execute capital punishment on a murderer, showing God instituted human government, Genesis 9:5-6. We see by this time man had established a city community and Noah and his children had been influenced by it along with the knowledge of a farming community Genesis 9:20, Genesis 10:4, 8-12, 13-15.
- Humanity governed themselves, being accountable to God and God the Holy Spirit as He contends with man through his conscience, Genesis 6:3. The Holy Spirit's contending with humanity which continues today, and will in the future, but at death it will end, and with death the eternal judgment, Genesis 6:3, Acts 7:51, Ephesians 4:30-31, I Thessalonians 5:19.
- Humanity no longer had longevity of life, the lifespan became shorter, Genesis 11.
- God states He would not curse the ground or smite everything again because of the imaginations of man's heart as He did in the flood of the former dispensation, Genesis 6:5 cf. Genesis 8:21. Therefore, the punitive judgments of future dispensations would be different for humanity's failure. Remember He was talking about a universal flood judgment on earth and connected it to the Noahic covenant on the earth for humanity, Genesis 9:9-17. The governing rules is a rule for the earth which He would do, and humanity would be a recipient by covenant and the rainbow is a sign of the change. This promise is made in the covenant he promises to Noah which includes other promises also until the end of the earth. Note: Genesis 8:22, He states as long as this world lasts, opening the door for understanding a change will come in the future of the earth, the old earth would pass away for a New one will come at the end of the Dispensation of the Kingdom as revealed in Scripture, Revelation 21:1.
- In Genesis 10:25 the meaning that the earth was divided is a reference to God's judgment on the dispensation of Human Government. We see the judgment in Genesis 10, references to different languages and the scattering into other areas on earth, 10:5, 10:18, 10:20. In Genesis 11 the language and the earth's scattering was a result of the final sin of the Tower of Babel starting the transition period, and the beginning of the Dispensation of Promise where we see God choosing a people-group through Abraham for His messengers to bare His message to the world, Genesis 12:1-3.
- Humanity was scattered across the world, experiencing a modification in their languages changing according to God's determinate plan. Here, was possibly the event which brought the different color in the skin and features seen in the different people-groups of today. They formed nations and communities and fell into scriptural silence from this point of scriptural revelation except when they make contact with God's chosen people, Abraham descendants as His stewards.
Some of the modified changes found in the Dispensation of Promise are:
- God chooses an individual Abram, renamed Abraham, Nehemiah 9:7-8, and the choosing of his descendants through the union of Sarah to work out His dispensation called the Dispensation of Promise, Genesis 17:15-22, blessing the world through them, Genesis 12:1-7, 21:11-12, Galatians 3:7-9. Abraham was personally promised the fulfillment through his personal descendant Israel that Jesus (savior) Christ would come, and the fulfillment of the provision for redemption would come to the world. Also, making Abraham the farther of faith by his example he set in his life, Romans 4, cf. Genesis 22:15-19, Galatians 3:16.
- Abraham was first called a Hebrew in God's word in Genesis 14:13. ‘One from the other side (of the river, Euphrates). The language of the modern state of Israel is called Hebrew, in which the Old Testament was written. Abraham crossed-over from pagan beliefs of his world to a special farther of the special nation, Joshua 24:1-3. Abraham and his descendants were, chosen by God to represent Him as His steward Nation to the world and bring the blessing of His incarnation and kingdom.
Abram would be the father of many nations. The Lord Jesus Christ would come to earth for the redemption of individuals who would trust in Christ, and having God impute righteousness without works based on faith alone, the same kind of faith as Abraham demonstrated in his lifetime, Romans 4, cf. Genesis 22:15-19, Galatians 3: 25-29, Titus 3:5, Ephesians 2:8,9. God changed Abram's name as part of the promise given to him personally, Genesis 17:1-8 with it his descendants would be given possession of the land of the Canaanites forever, Romans 4, Genesis 18:17-19, 24:7, 28:10-22.
The world was to be blessed through Abraham and his descendants, Genesis 12:1-7, 21:11-12, Galatians 3:7-9 and in so doing the Hebrew nation would receive blessings from God. The world needed to accept the only true God of his chosen people, Isaiah 55; 56:1-8.
- Instead of the birth line of the incarnation, the 'promise-one' for the redemption of humanity coming through a non-named national line of individuals, the birth line would now be contained in the Nation of Israel, Genesis 3:15, Luke 3:34-38. This promise would be through Abraham's seed in which the Christ, the Savior, the eternal God, Himself would take on flesh to provide the means of deliverance from sin and its penalty. This forgiveness for the human race is offered free, making an individual a child of God's redemptive plan to anyone who would receive Him through His incarnation and sacrifice, Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:22-23; Hebrews 2:14; John 1:1, 14, Philippians 2:5-11. This plan is given freely to anyone who exercised the faith which Abraham showed in life, putting their faith in Jesus which gives eternal life at the moment of receiving Him as Lord, Romans 10:9,13, and a future ending with being a recipient of the new heaven and earth for eternity, John 1:12; I John 5:9-14; Ephesians 2:8-10; I Peter 1:3,4, Revelation 21:1; 22:12-19.
The world can be blessed today through the message of the chosen instrument or stewardship of God that is a universal principle). This instrument of stewardship has been modified through the dispensations as God had planned, ordaining the stewardship in each dispensation to bless the world. Before, Israel there were individuals who were the stewards of blessing to the world, (no specified race name given from Seth through Shem to Abraham), then the Nation of Israel, (Jews), followed by the Body of Christ, (Jew and Gentiles equal in all Nations), and in the future the Lord Jesus Christ will come and sit on the throne of David with all the redeemed, (races) in the Dispensation of the Earthly and Eternal Kingdom.
- During the Dispensation of Promise, God chose a land and Nation for His chosen people (Israel) to live, Genesis 12:5-7, 13:14-17, 15:6-8,17-20, 17:8 and individuals in the world would be blessed according to their treatment of this Nation, Isaiah 56:1-8.
- Abraham's descendants were to spend a time (430 years) in Egypt until the sin of the inhabitants of that promised land inhabitants reached its fullness of sin, Genesis 15:16; then God's judgment would come upon the inhabitants of the land, God using Abraham's descendants as His legal instruments of judgment, Genesis 15:12-16.
The land was given to the Nation of Israel in the dispensation of Promise by God, not the descendants of Ishmael, and as we read of the account we find that Ishmael descendants were going to be a problem as they lived among the Israelite people, but ownership of the land would belong to the Nation of the Jewish people or descendants through Jacob, Genesis 15:17-21.
(Today, this struggle is still going on and governments today need to take this truth into account when trying to settle the Middle East problems, Genesis 16:1-12, Genesis 21:1-21, Genesis 25:12-18, 26:1-6).
Also, Abraham had other children from two other women besides Sarah his wife; Hagar, Sarah's servant, (Ishmael's mother), and Keturah wife after Sarah's death. Keturah's children there are no record of the gifts or blessing Abraham gave to them, only that he sent them away to the east. Abraham gave all his possessions through Isaac and Jacob to the promise people, the descendants of Sarah and him, Genesis 25:1-6, I Chronicles 1:32-33.
Also, today when trying to settle the conflicts in the Middle East one needs to take into account the relationship of the children of Esau who was not part of the 12 tribes of the Nation of Israel, Isaac's son Esau, who was Jacob's fraternal twin brother. Esau was to be subordinate to Jacob and his children. Even though Esau was a Hebrew he was not incorporated into the Nation of Israel. He was born the same time of Jacob, but the 12 tribes of the Nation came after with the descendants of Jacob. Jacob's name was changed to Israel, Genesis 32:28 and the establishment of the twelve tribes of Israel are taken from Jacob's 12 children through two different wives, and two different handmaids.
The descendants order making up the 12 tribes of the Nation Israel developed through, Abraham/ Sarah, who were called Hebrews, Genesis 14:13, Isaac/Rebecca, then Jacob, (his name changed to Israel), and his union with four women, two wives and two handmaids, Rachel and Leah were wives, and his wives handmaid's Bilhah and Zilpah birthing the twelve sons, Genesis 25:21- 23, 27:29-30, 25:23-26, (Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph and Benjamin.)
- God choose this nation, Israel in the Dispensation of Promise to bring the New Covenant into fulfillment, completing the work of redemption with the Savior of the world, Galatians 4:4, John 1:11-12. God gave them the seal of circumcision as a seal of the promise to the Nation of Israel which was an everlasting seal of the promise given in the Dispensation of Promise, Genesis 17:8-27, Genesis 21:1-5. Abraham being the first prophet, emerging for the future Nation of Israel, which is not from the other nations. God calls Abraham a prophet, declaring him a prophet for the new dispensation, Genesis 20:7.
- After Abraham and the time the Hebrews spent in Egypt, the Law of Moses was given along with the Mosaic covenant. Moses a prophet of God delivered the law for the nation and a covenant made at Mt. Sinai was given to the children of Israel when they came out of Egypt, Deuteronomy 34:10. The Law of Moses modified many of the laws which had already been revealed and operational. From this point in the Dispensation of Promise there are many modifications of previous laws, the Mosaic Law and the Mosaic Covenant that played a very important role in Israel's economy, their behavior, stewardship, and worship.
The priesthood from the former dispensation is last seen operating with positive remarks is with Melchizedek and Moses' farther-in-law, Exodus 3:1, Exodus 18. The last recorded priests of God for Nation of Israel mentioned outside is recorded in scripture in the transitional period, Genesis 14:18-20, Hebrews 7:1. The last prophet mentioned who was not from the Nation of Israel was the disobedient prophet of the former dispensation, (Balaam, Numbers, Chapters 22-24, 31).
- The Law of Moses revised or modified the former laws of the dispensation by being added to the Dispensation of Promise, Galatians 3:16-20. The Law of Moses was added for the revealing of humanities sinfulness. Also, the priesthood changed or was modified by the Levites taking the place of the family heads as priest. New revelation is given from God for humanities obedience through the judges, prophets, priests and kings in Israel's government.
- The Theocracy was rejected by Israel in favor for a government ruled by a King I Samuel 8:6-10, 10:24, David was chosen for a king to rule the Theocracy ordained by God and Israel's dependence were to rule from then on until, II Chronicles 9:7-8, the King of Kings would come (be born) in the Dispensation of Promise, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah, I Samuel 28:17, II Samuel 2:4, 5:12, II Samuel 7, Isaiah 9:6-7, Luke 1:33, Isaiah 6:1, Revelation 17:14, 19:16. The Messiah's leadership was to lead the promise Nation's Kingdom, He would sit on David's throne forever, Genesis 35:10-11, Deuteronomy 17:14-18, Judges 17:6, I Samuel 2:10.
- The walk of faith for humanity changes through the dispensation from the Theocracy government, before Moses, to the kingship government of the Levitical priesthood, and finally to the priesthood of Christ Jesus. The atonement sacrifice and faith was offered through human priest until the finished work of the eternal priesthood of Jesus Christ.
The government's rules and atoning sacrifice rules given under the Dispensation of Promise were to be exercised for the people by the Levitical priesthood from Moses on, superintendence through prophets and supported government by kings.
The Levitical priesthood came to an end, redirected by God, recorded and historically brought into operation in the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), the redemption for humanity and faith was redirected by God through the mediator Jesus Christ, I Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 8:6, Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 12:24, who brought the fulfillment of the atonement offering and priesthood of the Levites to an end, and making redemption through a new priesthood, (the priesthood of Christ Jesus) which was a completion once for all times, (eternal). This redemptive offering and sacrifice was given by God Himself, John1:1,14, Hebrews 8,9, Hebrews 5,6:13-20, for the payment and just requirement for the sins of humans. The redemption which Christ Jesus' priesthood instituted can be received by anyone because it is offered freely, and those who receive it personally by faith for their lost estate it become eternally applicable, Ephesians 2:1-2.
- As you progress through each dispensation you discover there are modifications that changed laws or rules of operation. However, the basic rule or law stayed constant especially when it's a universal law or rule. All through a dispensation the stewardship remains the same until the other principles or keys of operating is seen, the final failure or sin, the transition, and the punitive judgment all occurring which signals the taking away or the changing of the stewardship of the dispensation and God giving the stewardship to a new institution of stewards in a new dispensation.
Some of the changes found in the Dispensation of Grace are:
The Mystery dispensation, today dispensation, overlaid the Dispensation of Promise, and is holding off the completion of the transition into the Dispensation of the Kingdom, II Thessalonians 2:5,6, Romans 11:25,26, (Ephesians 3:1-12; Romans 16:24-27; Colossians 1:25-28 (See chapter on the Dispensation and chapter on the Dispensation of Grace). However, when the Mystery Dispensation is over, the transition into the Dispensation of the Kingdom will be completed.
With the Dispensation of Promise coming to an end and the Dispensation of Grace taking control, the Nation of Israel's relationship to God and the world changed. Israel as a Nation no longer has the active, unique position they once held and they are no longer the only dispensers responsible before the only true God to carry out this stewardship for this administration and the New Covenant for humanities redemption resulting in salvation and sanctification, II Corinthians 5:18-21, Isaiah 46:9,10; 43:10-11. Today all believers of all races, nationalities and both sexes have become equal in the stewardship before the world.
However, scripture teaches that God is not finished with the Nation of Israel; nations today are still blessed or cursed based on their treatment of Israel, which is a continuous principle. Today's relationship for any nation to be blessed is based on recognizing and protecting the Nation of Israel, because of the promises, and their eternal endearment by God, and that He is not finished with the plan He promised them. In fact, God is using today's dispensation as a judgment on Israel before the final judgment of the Tribulation period ends, hoping that many Jewish people will accept Jesus Christ (Messiah) as savior and Lord, Matthew 1:21, Acts 15:13-19, Acts 7:51-56, 13:45,46, 18:6, 28:25-28, Romans 10-11, Isaiah 46:13. God will pick-up where he left off in His plan for Israel stewardship after the Rapture.
After the failure of the dispensation today God will go back, and finish dealing with His chosen Nation, fulfilling His promises which were promised them by covenant and promise, Romans 11:25-29 cross-reference I Timothy 4:1-5, II Timothy 4:1-8, Romans 11:1-24. He will resumes His relationship where He left off in the first century in calling Israel as a Nation to repent, imploring them to turn to Jesus as their Messiah, and the savior from their fallen nature and sin. At this future time God will give the Nation of Israel the stewardship for the world to know and respond so they can experience the Redemptive Covenant personally on the bases of faith, Isaiah 2:1-4, Isaiah 11,12, Isaiah 46:13.
The historical record of the Dispensation of Promise coming to an end was recorded during the book of Acts one through twenty-eight, chapter one through six cover the period of Israel's call to repentance. Their final rejection for change comes in chapter seven with their rejection where the next dispensation starts, the Dispensation of Grace, the mystery dispensation, which begins the transition into today's dispensation taking control, (one of the seven principle of a dispensation), and coming to full operation by the Acts 28 events followed by the historic event with the destruction of Israel's Temple in 70AD.
This mystery dispensation, the Dispensation of Grace is a continuation of the period called 'The Time of the Gentiles', which is bringing judgment on the Nation of Israel for their disobedience which started in the Old Testament. Instead of Israel and the world going into the period called the Tribulation and the Great Tribulation, God revealed His mystery dispensation, Colossians 1:25-26, Romans 16:25-29, Ephesians 3:9.
The time of the Gentiles began with the Nation of Israel splitting and then going into captivity, it started with the Northern 10 tribes separating from the other two southern tribes, continuing into the Northern captivity by the Assyrians followed by the Southern tribes going into captivity by Babylon, Luke 21:20-24, Romans 11, II Kings 18:1, 9-12, 33-34, Ezekiel 23, Revelation 6:12-17. The time of the Gentiles will come to an end with the literal second return of Christ Jesus to earth that is after the transition period, which is the Tribulation/Great Tribulation period, Luke 21:24, Daniel 12:1-4, Matthew 24:15, 21, Mark 13:14, Revelation 2:22; 7:9,14, II Thessalonians 2:1-6.
The Dispensation of Grace is a mystery which had been hid in God prophetically, and implemented by God resulting from Israel's failure as a Nation, this judgment on the Nation of Israel resulted in their losing the stewardship exclusively, Romans 11:11,12, 25; 25-27, Colossians 1:26, 27; Ephesians 3:9. The changing is part of the uniqueness and one of the element of the judgment on the Nation of Israel. God is using the Gentile nations as his instrument of judgment on his chosen people. Today's dispensation is not the final Gentile judgment, but one of them before the final ones coming during the tribulation period, after the Rapture. The stewardship today is given to all humanity through the Church called His Body in this mystery dispensation.
Also today's dispensation is giving all believers part of the spiritual blessings which were Israel's alone before, Romans 15:27, Ephesians 1:3, Galatians 4:26, Ephesians 2. Today believer have a personal relationship with God through Christ Jesus and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13, Philippians 2:12-16, Romans 8:16, John 1:12 (children of God).
Believers today wait for the glorification of our bodies in the rapture the last trump ending this dispensation, uniting the spirit and body together with their eternal characteristics, I Thessalonians 4:13-18, I Corinthians 15:51-52, I Corinthians 15:35,38, 42-55, Philippians 3:21, Matthew 22:30, Luke 20:34-36, (this trump is not the ending of the world or ending the tribulation period, but the last trump for the mystery dispensation). When Christ returns to rule on earth and reign in His Kingdom, believers will experience the portion of the promises given them for faithfulness in today's dispensation, Colossians 3:4, I Thessalonians 4:14, II Timothy 4:8, I Corinthians 6:2-3, II Corinthians 5:10.
Believers today are receiving their part of the covenant and promises along with Israel, Ephesians 2:6-13 and in the Millennial reign of Christ all believers in today's dispensation will be representing Him as His Body to the Nations and Angels in their glorified state, I Corinthians 6:2,3 (Note: this passages speaks of a future time were believers today will be judging Angels as well as humanity on earth and the only time in the future where this need is present will be the Millennial Reign under Christ Jesus' Kingship here on earth.
Believers of this dispensation today will be in their glorified bodies by this time because the Rapture had already occurred).
Also, there will be no need for judgment of men and Angels in the Eternal Kingdom because punitive judgment will have occurred with the Great White Throne judgment, Revelation 20:10 -15 and the fulfillment of chapters 21, 22 of the new heaven and new earth. The Great White thrones ends Satan's domain and the completion of redemption.
Also, all believers since the beginning of the world will be resurrected at the Rapture, and receive their rewards as promised them at the time for their life here on earth in accord to the dispensation they lived, I Thessalonians 4:13-18, II Corinthians 5:10.
Latter there are other resurrections, but all believers since the beginning of the world will be in Christ at the Rapture and according too I Thessalonians 4:13-18, at the Rapture these are the ones who will be resurrected at that time, the other resurrections will be at the end off the Tribulation period going into the Dispensation of the Kingdom and another one at the end of the dispensation going into the eternal dispensation the Dispensation of the Fullness of Time. I Corinthians 15, prophesies of resurrections at different time, V21-23, there was Jesus Christ's resurrection, after life here on earth, then He comes in the clouds in the Rapture where all saints, up to then are resurrected, followed at the end of the tribulation when He comes to earth and reigns, the martyrdom saints will be resurrected Revelation 20: 4,5, and the last resurrection of saint will be at the end of the Millennial reign of Christ with the New Heaven and Earth. Daniel 12:1-4.
The believer's resurrection in not the mystery, but the time of the resurrection was a mystery because it was not specifically foretold in the other dispensations when it would occur; the Rapture ends the Dispensation of Grace or today's dispensation for the believers are taken off this earth , II Thessalonians 2:5-7, which is part of the mystery revelation given to the Apostle Paul, Ephesians 3:2-3.
- The believers of the mystery or the Dispensation of Grace ends with the Rapture. Those left behind, the nonbeliever, will die during the transition or at the end of the tribulation at the Battle of Armageddon, Revelation 16:13-16.
The Rapture event is the meeting of Jesus Christ in His return in the sky, where He does not set foot hear on earth yet calling all believers from all prior dispensations and reuniting them with their physical bodies, this calling will be for all believers dead and alive at the meeting with Him in the air. After the Rapture the transition begins, the seven-year Tribulation will occur, which ends with the Lord Jesus returning physically to earth setting His foot here on earth, Zechariah 14:3 and ruling, taking and sitting literally on the throne of David in Israel, signaling the Dispensation of the Kingdom taking full control of the economy on earth, Zechariah 14.
All humanity in the Dispensation of Grace are individually responsible to God for faith and propagation of the gospel of the New Covenant, I Timothy 2:19, Titus 3:8, Ephesians 2:8-10, Romans 1:16, 10:9-13, I Corinthians 1:2, 18, John 17, II Corinthians 5:18-22.
Equality makes this dispensation unique between the Nation of Israel and other nations which are part of the mystery not revealed in prophecy, Ephesians 2:14-22 making 'one new' entity the Body of Christ:
All can, and need to approach God the same way through Christ Jesus and to establish a local church according to scriptures that relate to the dispensation's rules, Romans 12, I Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4, Hebrews 10:25, I Timothy 3, Titus 1.
V 15-18 "His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross".
The call out believers or church today are the called out people of God to represent Him as His Body in the world. The rules of a personal nature are involved, believers are responsible before the world today to live as our Lord would, Colossians 2:6,7, Colossians 1:10.
Believers today have a very high calling, believers are representing Him in bodily form. Also, believers are not a subject under a king, but representatives of His Body, the Body is not setting up the kingdom here on earth, but given an eternal message of reconciliation with God for eternity, Ephesians 1:22-23, Ephesians 5:8, Colossians 1:18, I Corinthians 12:27, II Corinthians 5:18-22.
However, being representatives of His Body does not negate believers today to ignore the characteristics of the Kingdom which will come on earth and then the heavenly Kingdom, but are to live the universal principles of holiness, justice, righteousness and care. When believers die today they become part of God's eternal Kingdom. We are to teach the Kingdom coming in accordance to the correct dispensational understanding as He opens our eyes, and revealing the truths found in the scriptures.
Therefore, all humanity today are part of the mystery hid in God that was not in prophecy in the Old Testament. Believers are part of the mysteries scope today with the blessings given to the Church call His Body. Believers are part of the future scope of God's plan given to believers of equality according to the gifts promised to the Body, and believers find today a uniqueness found in the Pauline epistles.
Paul wrote the majority of the books of the New Testament revealing the Dispensation of Grace for today. The Apostle Paul was directed by God the Holy Spirit to write at least twelve of the New Testament books for sure and possibly thirteen. These truths show how the plan of God was planned with the modification from His plan through the Nation of Israel in the Dispensation of Promise.
Some of the modified changes which will be found in when the Dispensation of Kingdom the 1000 year reign of Christ (Millennium):
The Rapture of the Church passed when the transition into the Dispensation of the Kingdom here on earth takes place, and all non-believers are in the historical events found written in the Book of Revelation going through the Tribulation period, ending in their destruction by or die in the judgment of the battle of Armageddon.
The full operation of the literal reign of Christ on earth starts with His second coming and appearing at the battle, and going through the Millennial reign are all parts of the dispensation of the earthly Kingdom ending with the Great White throne Judgment, Revelation 16:13-16, Revelations 19:11-21.
Modifications such as, God King eternal comes to earth the second time and has an earthly presence and He rules the whole earth, from the earth in the New Jerusalem. Believers are gone who lived in the Dispensation of Grace in their natural bodies. The non-believers who hear the gospel message and rejected it, who are living at the Rapture will not be saved.
The Transition from the former dispensation into the Kingdom, from the Rapture to our Lord's second coming to earth.
The period of time call the tribulation/great tribulation can be identified in prophecy by the phrases "the day of the Lord, that day, in that day, or latter days". The "day of the Lord" is a conclusion phrase ending with Christ Jesus literal return, and the other phrases refers to the whole or parts of the judgment period in the transition. Sometime when reading prophecy the two phrases has to be evaluated closely in the context and other scripture references to determine if the prophecy is the total period of time or the concluding event with Christ coming to earth, Isaiah 2:2,11-12, 20; 3:7, 18; 4:1-2; 5:30.
It would be proper to warn or express that when a writer is writing about future events or dispensations one can miss the full understanding or what the Holy Spirit was referring or expressing in its fullness. However, this should not prevent from trying to understand future events. Another thing to take into account when reading and studying prophecy, it can bundle the events together, where it looks like the same period of time of the event, but in reality there is more than one time-period for the events. Why? When the prophet wrote the scriptural prophecy, he saw the events together because he was looking down through history. As he looked he would see the next event of God's plan looking as one and not distinguishing between the timing of the events, this makes absolutes hard to distinguish at times.
With that said let's study the scriptures of the following dispensations and seek to be accurate and show the symmetry of God's total plan that will help see or to clarify future events and timing of each.
The full operation of the Kingdom Dispensation begins at our Lord's second coming to earth when He establishes it in its fullness.
- However, remember the Dispensation of the Kingdom started with the transition or with the completion of the former dispensation at the Rapture. The nonbelievers left from the Rapture come to their demise by the completion of the transition or Great Tribulation, also call God's Wrath Judgment that was prophesied as the punitive judgment of refining. His separating the sheep from the goat, or the tares from the wheat Judgment, Matthew 25:32; 13:30.
- Jesus Christ receives His Kingdom sitting on the throne of David ruling over the Nation of Israel and the world, Matthew 25:31-32. The Lord Jesus will be exalted alone in that day, being the KING of Kings and the LORD of Lords, Isaiah 2:17, I Timothy 6:15, Revelation 1:8; 17:14; 19:16; 22:7,12-13,16.
- Satan is confined to the Abyss or Bottomless Pit for 1000 years at the end of the transition ending the tribulation period, Revelation 20:1-3. Satan remains in prison until the end of the Millennial reign of Christ and then cast into the Lake of Fire when he is released for a short time and the battle of Gog and Magog takes place, Revelation 20:7-10.
- Those who had been martyred in the tribulation period will be resurrected at this time and participate with Christ Jesus' Messiah Rule, Revelation 20:4-6.
- All the saint from previous dispensation come with Christ Jesus and participate in the Kingdom, Revelation 17:14;19:11-16, I Corinthians 6:2-3.
- The Nation of Israel receives their promised earthly Kingdom, and are back in proper relationship with God, and restored to leadership in the dispensation. The world is being blessed and ruled through Christ's reign, Romans 9:27,28. Isaiah 1:26, 2:2-5, 9:1-7, Isaiah 11,12, Isaiah 60:1-18.
- The world is under Christ's authority where He sits on the throne of David here on earth. Those in the Nation of Israel (who are still in their natural physical body), along with the believers of Body of Christ (Saved in today dispensation - The dispensation of Grace which will be in their glorified bodies) are set up as rulers and judges over the nations of men and Angels, which fulfills the Body of Christ's promises by receiving their promise of being part of the promises and covenant with Israel, Ephesians 2, I Corinthians 6:2-3, Hebrews 9:14, 15.
The Body (the Raptured saints of the former dispensations), will probably be scattered throughout the nations ruling and being responsible for the delivering of the domestic products to the Nation of Israel. The Body of Christ will be under the rule of Christ in their glorified bodies, (also old testament believers since Adam and believers killed in the seven-year tribulation are included in the reign of Christ in their glorified bodies ruling and reigning, Revelation 20:4,5).
- The world's Government will be headquartered from the land of Israel in the middle east, Isaiah 2:2; Zechariah 14:4, Revelation 21:10-11. It will be established and all other nations will go there to be taught to walk in the ways of the eternal God through Christ's ruler-ship, and the nations of the world will want to go there and respect the Government of God, Isaiah 2:3. The nations of the world will be judged and rebuked when needed, and the nations will not learn war anymore and move against one another, Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:1-8.
- The Temple in Jerusalem will be established, V1-2
- This Capital will be exalted or the capital above all others in the world V. 2.
- All nations will be subordinate and be accountable to the leadership there, V2, 3.
- There will be agreement of the nations, reporting to the world's capital, and the God of Jacob, V 3, Zechariah 14:16-21.
- God will teach the nations the way to live in justice, righteousness and holiness, V3.
- Humanity will walk in the ways of God's leadership for the law of the LORD will come from Jerusalem, V 3.
- The justice for the nations will come from Jerusalem this capital of the world, V4.
- Nations will be rebuked for disobedience, V 9.
- The world will not build war implement or equipment, V9.
- The former war equipment will be converted into useful life's equipment, V9.
- One nation will not fight with any other nation or learn war, V9.
- Long longevity of life is restored. Those born in this dispensation that reject Christ, and his authority will be judged by the age of 100, Isaiah 65:19-21, There will be no death in the next dispensation, the Dispensation of the fullness of time, the eternal dispensation, so this prophecy is referring to the Dispensation of the earthly Kingdom.
Changes found in the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times - the Eternal Kingdom are:
- God rules forever, His Kingdom never ends, Exodus 15:18.
- Satan will be released starting the last transition into this next dispensation, the Dispensation of the Fullness of Time, or the Eternal Kingdom, for a short period that is at the end of the earthly Dispensation of the Kingdom where Satan gathers all those, who were born in the 1000 years, who rejects Christ Jesus and are still alive. They will march against Christ for battle, the last battle called 'The Battle of Gog and Magog', Revelation 20:7-10. Jesus Christ will destroy this rebellion by the word of His mouth bringing an end to rebellion and Satan, the last punitive judgment, the result will be Satan being cast into the Lake of Fire, and all non-believers from the beginning of the world appearing at the Great White Throne Judgment, ending with them being thrown into the Lake of Fire, Revelation 20:11-15.
- The Great White Thorn Judgment is the last event, ending the transition from the old dispensation, the Dispensation of the earthly Kingdom. God creates the New Heaven and Earth and the wedding fest of the Lamb takes place, heaven and earth now comes together for all eternity. All the saints from all the former dispensations will be at the wedding feast of the Lamb, and the Dispensation of the Fullness of Time takes full control, also call the Kingdom of God. This dispensation or Kingdom never end. Many of the rules which will be instituted by Christ's rule on earth some will be new and some will come from the former dispensation which were eternal, so they come to their eternal fullness of operation, taking full effect in perfection.
- The Great White Throne judgment, Hell gave up the dead which were in it, and all those who rejected God's provision, who were not written in the Book of Life were judged by Christ Jesus, and being found guilty from the books written: the Word of God, the Book of Life and the Bible, Revelation 21:27, John 12:48, 5:39 and other nameless books that are not mentioned. The nonbelievers from the beginning of the creation are cast into the Lake of Fire forever. Hell which is in the core of this earth, (compare Ephesians 4:9,10, I Peter 3:18-20, Revelation 21:1) has been thrown into the Lake of Fire, the eternal judgment which never ends, also Satan and his angels with Satan's representatives are cast into the Lake of Fire which was created for them, Revelation 20:10-15, Mark 9:48, Isaiah 66:24, Luke 16:24, 25, Jude 1:5-7,14-16, Matthew 24:51, Matthew 25:41, 46, 30.
- The Eternal Dispensation is a perfect Kingdom, the environment that had not been since the Garden of Eden which will never fail, like the first dispensation, Ephesians 1:10, Revelation 21:1-4, 22-27, Revelation 22.
- This eternal dispensation saved or believers will live in the new heaven and new earth, for the former one has passed away. In the new heaven and new earth there will be no sea, there is no sun, moon or stars because Christ Jesus lights this new world, the New Jerusalem will be there and the Tree of Life appears, Revelation 22:2,14. Isaiah 65:17-28, 66:22-24.
- There will be no more death, sorrow, sin or failure, only the redeemed believers will be there, the animal kingdom will be delivered from experiencing decay and destruction, Revelation 21:1-4, Romans 8:18-23.
- There will be no nonbelievers, no evil, unrighteousness or nothing uncleanness in the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times (also called the eternal Kingdom of God or heaven, Revelation 21:8, 27.
- The Lord Jesus Christ delivers everything to the Father completed, and He becomes submissive with His authorized responsibility, and He puts himself under the Father in keeping with the chain of command reveals in scripture. God show order in command and in his dispensational schematic over the history of man. God is one and within this one God there is Father, Son and Holy Spirit each transcending in their unique responsibilities which the Godhead determined in His eternal counsel and within Himself, (a plural noun found for the one God in the Hebrew in Genesis is 'Elohim' showing the trinity in one personage), Psalm 8:6, I Corinthians 15:27-28.
E Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
World Wide Outreach Ministry Inc.Back to top Return to content Page Return to Home Page
By: Theodore D Pestor/ President/Pastor BTH