Key Number four of the Seven Keys - The Ordained Stewardship Institution trusted to administer the Dispensation, I Corinthians 4:1-3.
All Seven Keys or guiding principles are common to all dispensations and without all seven principles being in a dispensation, it does not change. Breaking down each key or principle will help understand the dispensations, seeing the symmetry of God's plan to save the world, and why the dispensation changed, II Timothy 2:15; 2:2.
Identifying the Ordained Institutions of Stewardship and the stewards which make-up the institution, it will help clarify the dispensation. Identifying each Stewardship will help distinguish the dispensation and its changes. With the changing of a dispensation, we learn there is a change in the Stewardship.
Whenever the stewards fails in their Stewardship responsibilities the people become corrupt and there become a lack in the witness in the world. The saved became like the lost and the
lost worsen in their evil. This progressive failure of the stewardship
within the dispensation brings about the end of a dispensation, and God’s long-suffering and patience come to an end. Ultimately resulting in the
irreversible punitive judgment coming from God which was caused by these two major aspects of the failure a lack in the world of a witnesses and then the permeation of sin within humanity. The bringing a dispensation to an end a period of transition is seen where the new dispensation begins until the judgment is complete and the new dispensation takes full control.
(I Corinthians 4:2, Ezekiel 33:7-16, Matthew 21:33-44, Act 7:42-60, I Timothy 4:1-2, II Timothy 3:1-7, Revelation 16:16;20:8)
Stewardship is one of the seven guiding principles of a dispensation
The term stewardship is inherent in the Greek word for dispensation. The Stewardship institution of stewards are to be faithful in their responsible to carry out or manage the ordained operation of God's dispensational (administration), plan historically, Romans 13:1. The Stewardship is designed by the Sovereign designer, and He designed and established the parameters and responsibilities, Daniel 5:21. There are seven ordained institutions one for each dispensation found in Scripture.
There are similarities, differences and commonalities of stewardship throughout the historical dispensations (administrations) with humanity.
The following are the ordained Stewardship Institutions with the stewards in each of their related
Dispensations, I Peter 4:-11; I Corinthians 4:1-3:
1. In the Dispensation of Innocence, Genesis 1:26-28; 2:25 the Institutional Stewardship was made up of Angles and humanity. Lucifer the guardian cherubim, Adam and Eve are named in Scriptures as stewards of the Dispensation of Innocence, Ezekiel 28:12-15; Isaiah 14:12-15; Genesis 2 - 3. If they had not failed this dispensation would not have ended and eternity and life would have continued, Genesis 2:9, 15-18; Genesis 3; Romans 5; Job 31:33; I Corinthians 15:22; I Timothy 2:14. Humanity on an individual relation would have had access to God directly, walking and having daily fellowship with Him.
The Tree of life was there for their taking, but they refused to eat of it and ate of the forbidden tree, called the Tree of Knowing Good and Evil. They chose to become gods unto themselves rather than trust and obey the only true God of creation and eternity. Today whenever a human rejects the God of creation, they are choosing to become a god unto themselves which leaves them in their condemned nature.
2. In the Dispensation of Conscience, Genesis 3:1-13; Romans 2:12,15; 5:12 the Institutional Stewardship was the family Heads of stewards. God was dealing with all humanity through the family heads who were the ordained priesthood, who offered the animal and other sacrifices. The main family leaders or heads mentioned established this truth is seen in Genesis 4-6, where God records only males and their genealogies. There is no priest, king or prophet institution mentioned apart from the male being the head of the family, who carried out these functions as ruler of the family. God dealt directly with the males of the families showing responsibility in the leadership role of rulers, the priestly functions, Genesis 4:1-10, 20-24; and the prophet functions, Jude 14 for one's own individual family.
(However, if you date the book of Job in this dispensation offering a sacrifice for his family it would be correct, Job 1:4-5, but Job may have offers a priestly sacrifice for others outside his direct family, we do not see this type of relationship until the next dispensation, Job 42:7-9. If Job only prayed for them and his friends did the sacrifice then these event show family heads carrying out their responsibility.).
Besides the family heads as stewards, angels had a stewardship role seen in their part of the failure connected with the evil behavior between angles and women. Hebrews 1:14 speaks that angles have a stewardship in the dispensations, having the responsibility to be stewards, ministering to the children of God. Angel's evil behavior up to the worldwide flood in conjunction with women's behavior of reproduction permeated the society added to the evil, Genesis 6: 1-6; Jude 6; II Peter 2:4-5; I Peter 3:18-20.
3. In the Dispensation of Human Government, Genesis 9:4-7 the Institutional Stewardship of stewards was made up of prophets, priests and kings with governmental authority. This is revealed in the rules given to Noah when God spelled out the governing rules for humanity, Genesis 9:1-7, just before He gave the covenant of the rainbow. Humanity now became responsible to judge the offenders and pronounce judgment, Genesis 9:5-6.
The stewardship is further revealed as the dispensation matures with the King of Salem who was not only a king, but had the qualification as a priest, Genesis 14:18-21. Ruling kings are mentioned many times from chapter 10 through to the end of the book of Genesis. The priest offered animal sacrifices and received tithes in their duties. This priesthood was before the Levitical priesthood in the Dispensation of Promise. Abraham's farther-in-law during the transition, was a priest of the old system of the Dispensation of Human Government, Exodus 2:14-17; 3:1; 18:1.
(If the book of Job would qualify for this dispensation, then he must have been a priest. Maybe Job offers sacrifices for both his family and his friends, performing priestly functions, Job 1:4-5, Job 42:7-9. It is not revealed in scripture if Job was a king or priest by the title does not appearing that is why it is hard to place the events exactly in which dispensation. Possible author is Job, (himself), Elihu, Moses or Solomon wrote the book of Job during the Dispensation of Promise. The event could have taken place in the transition from one dispensation to the next, but not enough information is given. Therefore, no matter which dispensation the book of Job belongs, the reason God inspired it for humanity was to show a universal principles of faithfulness when thing go poorly at times and the conflict which exists in spiritual warfare which may come through spiritual principalities Job 1:12-22; 2:1-8, family members, Job 2:9-10 or friends, Job 42:7.).
In the transition from the old to the new dispensation, a disobedient prophet Balaam is mentioned, Numbers 22:1-14; II Peter 2:15; Jude 1:1, and a good prophet, Jethro, that was Moses' farther-in-law who gave counsel to him as a prophet/priest in whose counsel was incorporated by Moses, Exodus 18:17-23.
4. The Dispensation of Promise, the Nation of Israel was God's chosen people as stewards, proclaiming the creator, the one and only God of eternity, (Promise). The Institutional Stewardship for the world was the Nation of Israel, the physical descendants of Abraham. Abraham's posteriors through Sarah were the ordained stewards who would bless the rest of the world, Genesis 18:18; 17. In exchange or in conjunction with Israel's stewardship the world was to bless God's ordained instrument.
It is through the history of this stewardship, the world would receive the birth of the promise seed, Genesis 3:15, Galatians 3:16, Galatians 4:4, Romans 5:1-11. This Stewardship was to be the example of godliness, revealing the one true God. This stewardship would reveal many of the moral eternal truths which God wanted humanity to know and obey. Israel's greatness and example was to be a pattern for all believers to pattern their faith and trust in the one and only God. Through this stewardship God would record the previous dispensational history and bring the Lord of Lords, the Beginning and End to the eternal dispensation, Deuteronomy 10:17, Psalms 136:3, I Timothy 6:13-16, Revelation 17:14, Revelation 1:11, 17; 2:18-19; 22:13.
Also, the prophets, apostles and the writers of the Old and New Testament were written by Jewish men, except Luke, living in the Dispensation of Promise II Peter 1:21, II Peter 3:2. Until the Apostle Paul who was saved in one dispensation and became the apostle of the next dispensation, was chosen by God to be the Apostle of the full revelation of the mystery dispensation of today, Acts 9:15-18; 22:14; Colossians 1:21-29; Ephesians 3:1-9; Galatians 1:11-12.
The prophets, priest and king were to lead the Nation of Israel in holiness, righteousness and justice being give the Law of Moses. Animal sacrifices were to be practiced by faith coupled with the imputation of God's righteousness (grace) were practiced for the covering of sin until Christ Jesus' finished his work and the Holy Spirit came to permanently indwell believers on the day of Pentecost that put into effect the New Covenant and forgiveness of sin, Romans 4:1-8, Ephesians 1:7; 2. Jesus Christ was to be dispensed through the Nation of Israel's stewardship, Matthew 28:16-20.
However, because of the failure of the Nation, they were overlaid until God finished his plan of a mystery dispensation reaching the world with the gospel in conjunction in part, with His judgment on the chosen Nation of Israel, Romans 9;11. When God raptures the mystery believers for His namesake, He will finish his plan for Israel to be the Nation of his Kingship, Jeremiah 30:24; 32:42; Ezekiel 36:22-37.
The world will be responsible to know and follow the chain of command, respecting God's intention for the Nation of Israel and His Kingship and Lordship, Ezekiel 39:7, 25. After the rapture of believers today, God picks up where He left off with Israel as a Nation, performing the purging punitive judgment of the Tribulation period, and fulfilling His promises to the remnant left after the purging tribulation. The Nation of Israel will find God fulfilling his promises to them through the Dispensation of the Kingdom and culminating in the Dispensation of the Fullness of Time which will be eternal. Isaiah 60:21; Jeremiah 30:24; 31.
5. The Dispensation of Grace is an organism of equality Ephesians 3:1-7. The stewards are all believers with equal responsibility, Galatians 3:28. The Stewardship Institution passed from the Nation of Israel to this new organism of equality from every nation, Acts 7-9; 26; Acts 13:45-47; 28:27-31. The organism is called the Body of Christ where all believers have the responsibility to the ministry of reconciliation, II Corinthians 5:17-21.
The privileges and duties of stewardship for all the saved is to walk as children of the light and giving Testimony of the truth of God and His Word, the Bible (Luke 16:10; I Corinthians 4:2; II Corinthians 5:17-21; Ephesians 5:8; I Thessalonians 5:5).
This dispensation was fully revealed through the writing of the Apostle Paul who wrote the majority of the New Testament book (Romans through Titus), (not the longest book, but most of the books), Galatians 1:11-12, Ephesians 3:1-7. He was given by God, the title of the Apostle to the Gentiles which includes all nationalities. He wrote at least 12 of the books and maybe wrote the book of Hebrews, making thirteen. He was commissioned by God to be the Apostle to the Gentiles and his commission was to all humanity according to the revelation of the new dispensation that he received from God alone, not on someone else's teachings, but was directly taught by Christ Jesus in conjunction with his knowledge of the other prophetic writing given in the former dispensations.
6. The Dispensation of the Kingdom is the Kingship of Christ, here on Earth with believers saved in a worldwide Kingdom rule, Revelation 17:14;19:11-21:20:1-4. The Nation of Israel will once again be the Stewardship Institution and the nations are to be subordinate to Israel, Matthew 19:26-30, Luke 22:25-30, Luke 1:27-33, Acts 1:3, Romans 11:25-27. The stewardship will be made up with the Jewish believers, the remnant (Zephaniah 3:13-20), and the gentile believers from all nations who accepted Jesus Christ during the tribulation period, these are those who refused the mark of the beast and endured through the seven-year Tribulation period, some still alive at the time and those who were martyred, Matthew 10:22, Revelation 20:4, Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26-29. Along with the tribulation saints, the saints from all the other dispensations (I Thessalonians 4:14-18) who then had been glorified at the Rapture, old and new testaments believers will rule with Christ, I Corinthians 6:2-3, II Timothy 2:11-13.
The fulfillment to the Nation of Israel will find its fulfillment and the fulfillment of God's covenant to David in the Millennial reign of Christ (Messiah) who will sit here on earth literally, starting with this dispensation and going into eternity, 2 Samuel 7:1-13, Luke 1:31-32. Christ Jesus coming to earth is call his second coming that is literal, Acts 1:1-11, 1 John 2:28, Luke 17:27, Mark 14:62, Matthew 24, I Thessalonians 3:13, I Corinthians 15:23, Malachi 3:2.
The transition into this dispensation starts with the seven-year tribulation period ending in the battle called Armageddon (Revelation 16:16) that is after the Rapture of the proceeding dispensation. The Mystery Rapture (that was not prophesied), and the exact beginning of the seven-years period is not completely know, but the Scriptures make it clear that the tribulation period is after the Rapture in the judgment of the nonbelievers of the Dispensation of Grace, I Corinthians 2:7; 15:51, I Thessalonians 4:13-18; 5:4-11, II Thessalonians 2:1-17, Romans 11:15; 16:25, Ephesians 5:32. The reigning of believers from all dispensations come back with the Lord Jesus Christ in their glorified bodies when the Millennial Reign begins. The glorified believers, their stewardship will entail judgment of both humanity here on earth and the angels, I Corinthians 6:2-3.
This dispensation and the stewardship will be here on this present earth for the New Heaven and Earth will not occur until the end of the 1000 years of the Dispensation of the Kingdom Revelation 20:1-21:1-5. (This can be confusing because the word Kingdom can be applied to the eternal Kingdom of God, the eternal one is in the Dispensation of the Fullness of Time, Galatians 5:20-21. The reason this dispensation is called the Dispensation of the Kingdom is because Christ Jesus' ruler-ship and the Stewards are here on earth literally with humanity in the natural bodies, fulfilling the prophetic rule of the promise to David. The ruler-ship of Christ will continue through this dispensation into the eternal, Humanity will still be on this present earth and in need of redemption and justice controlling behavior, Isaiah 65:18-25. Death will continue through this dispensation until the 1000 years are ended and the Great White-Throne Judgment is complete, Revelation 20:1-21:2.)
In this stewardship Satan will not be a factor, Revelation 20:1-3. Satan will be locked up by God not able to lead his fallen angel (called devils and demons) and tempt and cause outside rebellion in the heart of humanity. However, the birth of children in this dispensation, those born humans will still need to accept or receive Jesus Christ as Lord of their life, Isaiah 65:20-21, Revelation 20:7-10. The hearts will not be influenced by Satan, non-believing humanity will be condemned and cannot say 'that Satan made them do sin,' they will be condemned because the rejected God's finished work of the cross on their behalf. The stewardship broke down because at the end of this dispensation there is a great number of those who will follow Satan in the battle call Gog and Magog against Christ Jesus, Revelation 20:8-9, Ezekiel 38:2,16, 18-23.
7. The Dispensation of the Fullness of Time, Ephesians 1:10 an eternal Kingdom ruled by God and the redeemed, 2 Kings 19:15, Psalm 45:6, Daniel 2:44, Matthew 6:33, Acts 28:23, Revelation 12:10. The stewards are all the redeemed saints of all dispensations under the authority of the eternal Steward. Some of the characteristics from the previous dispensation are carried into the eternal: The King of Kings is still Lord of Lords, the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and ending, Jesus Christ's throne is eternal, believers reigning with Christ will still be under the chain of command as previously establish, but their orders will be different. The Godhead holds the Institutional Stewardship that will never fail and no new dispensation will ever be needed. This is the last and eternal dispensation where sin is no more, and all saints live forever. All fallen Angel along with Satan, and all rejecters of God who rejected His revealed truth are in the Lake of Fire.
Also the New Jerusalem has Christ's throne in it and the Tree of Life will still exist and will come down to the New earth, Revelation 21:5-6. The Heaven and Earth there will be no division, Revelation 22:1-5. The New Jerusalem is called the Bride of Christ full of believers and the event of it coming down from Heaven and uniting with the New earth it is called the marriage feast of the Lamb, Revelation 21:1-4. Then, Jesus Christ hands everything over to the first person of the trinity and the Godhead, the Elohim of eternity has completely fulfill His plan, planned in eternity past, I Corinthians 15:28.
It may be asked where are the saints who were in their natural bodies when the previous dispensation ended? There does not seem to be a clear answer. Maybe they will receive their redemptive body at the time of the New Heavens and Earth creation, the Word of God does not say specifically. Whatever, we do know, there will not be any sin, so somewhere along the line going into this eternal dispensation, they would have received their final redemption. Some may speculate and say it is at the time of the Great White-Throne Judgment, but if it is, it will not be with the condemned because the declaration of Psalms, chapter one revealing it will not happen with the condemned.
Each Dispensation ends with humanities failure except the Eternal Dispensation that has no non-redeemed person there. God provides a new dispensation until the last, salvation and hope based on His covenant of redemption is complete. The Dispensation of the Fullness of Time will not end, God has completed His offer of redemption to man. Satan and the non-redeemed with all evil are eternally gone to the Lake of Fire, Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8, Matthew 13:36-42.
Section on main Chart - Shows God's Dealing with humanity and the Ordained Institution of stewards
The chart shows the instrument of whom God ordained as steward for the historical fulfillment of the dispensation. Under the different dispensations, on the chart are seen the title ‘God’s dealings showing how the people of this world were to be reached, are being reached or will be reached.
God ordained each individual institution of the dispensation to reach humanity with the message of His desires, bringing sanctification, and giving a message to the lost that they could be saved if they respond according to God’s provisions that He had ordained.
E Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
World Wide Outreach
By: Theodore D Pestor/ President/Pastor BTH