V. ANTHROPOLOGY - Doctrine of Man or the Teaching of
Man was created by God.
Neither Adam or Eve come into existence through any evolutionary process (Gen.
1:26,27). God created man out of the dust of the ground (Gen. 2:7). Then God breathed
into man the breath of life (Gen. 2:7). We were created in the image or likeness of God
having a personality with intellect, emotion, will and conscience (Gen. 1:27).
Both Adam and Eve were created with the immaterial and material substance
which God created. They were created to reproduce after their own kind which begins at
conception. They both were created perfect and righteous which had not been tested.
They had a free will to choose to trust God and be obedience or disobedience. When
tried by Satan, they disobeyed God and sin passed upon all mankind (Rom. 5:12-14).
Because of the act of sin the consequence of death resulted: spiritual death (Eph.2:1),
physical death (Heb. 9:27) and eternal death (Rev. 20:14 cf. v10; Jude 7).
I The Origin of Man is a created act of God (Gen. 1:26,27).
- The material from dust (Gen. 2:7) and woman made from man's rib material (Gen. 2:20-25).
- Immaterial came from God - the breath of life (Gen. 2:7).
- Created with age (Gen. 2:15-17).
- Created with ability to choose (Gen. 3:6).
- Created to reproduce and populate the earth (Gen. 1:28; Acts 17:26; ).
- Created to manage and take care of the earth (Gen. 1:26; 2:15,16).
- Created man to have fellowship with God (Gen. 3:8,9).
- Created in God's image or likeness (Gen. 1:27; 5:1,3).
- Intellectual (Col. 3:10).
- Moral (Jas. 1:21; II Tim. 2:19-22 ).
- Immortal (Ecc. 3:11; Dan.12:2).
- Man is trichotomous, made up of three parts: body, soul, and spirit. (I Thess. 5:23;
- The soul is man's consciousness of self and the world around (Prov. 16:17; Job 10:1;
- The spirit gives consciousness towards God (Prov. 20:27; Rom. 8:16).
II. The Fall of Man
universal to all men (Rom. 5:12-14).
was tempted (Gen. 3:1-5).
failed to trust and obey God (Gen. 3:6-7).
Consequence to man (Total Depravity)
cursed (Gen. 3:17-19).
and sorrow in child-bearing (Gen. 3:16).
leadership role of our present husband-wife relationship (Gen. 3:16).
physical and eternal death (Gen. 2:17).
men are sinners and under condemnation (Rom. 5:12).
in bondage to sin and Satan (Rom. 7:7,14,15,23,24; Jn. 8:44).
flesh wars against his soul (I Pet. 2:11).
spirit is corrupted (2.Cor. 7:1).
intellect is blinded and corrupted (2 Cor.4:4; 2 Tim. 3:8).
emotions are regulated by unrighteousness (I Jn. 2:15; Rom. 7:8,15,18; Zeph. 3:5b).
- Man's will, intellect and
emotions are defiled (Tit. 1:15; Rom. 3:10-18; Heb. 10:22; I Tim. 4:2
Before leaving this follow-up page you may want to print it
now and review it often. Print
E Mail email@example.com
Sheet Click Here
World Wide Outreach Ministry Inc.
Theodore D Pestor/ President/Pastor BTH
Table of Content Page
or Home Page