Why Study Theology and What Is It?
There is only one God who exists in three Persons.
- One God. Isa. 43:10,11 "Before me no god was formed nor will there be one after me. I even I, am the Lord and apart from me there is no savior." (Isa. 44:6,8; 45:5; 46:9; 48:12-13; I Tim. 2:5; Gen. 1:1).
- The Father is identified as God (Gal 1:1; Jn. 6:27; Rom 1:7; Eph. 1:17, 4:6).
- The Son is identified as God (John 1:1,14,18; Heb. 1:8; Titus 2:13, Rom. 9:5; Matt. 4:6-7; Rev.1:8 cf. 22:12-16; I Jn. 5:20).
- The Holy Spirit is identified as God (Acts 5:3,4; 2 Cor. 3:17,18; Acts 13:2 cf. 4; Gal. 5:13-24).
- The three are treated with equality and oneness (Matt. 28:19; Rom. 8:13-17; John 15:26,27; Gen. 1:26).
1. How many gods are there in reality? THREE, TWO, or ONE. (Isaiah 44:6,8)
2. If the Bible says there is only one God, can each of the persons of deity take
the claim of being God alone without the others? YES, or NO Why?
3. Therefore it takes The F , The S , and The H S
the one God of eternity. (See E. above verses)
The attributes of God can be moral or natural. The natural attributes pertain to His existence as an infinite, rational spirit. The moral attributes relate to God as a righteous Spirit. God is: spirit (John 4:24), eternal (Psalms 90:2; Revelation 1:8), unchangeable (James 1:17; Hebrews 6:17-18; Hebrews 13:8) in His being, wisdom (Col. 2:3; Ephesians 3:10; Proverbs. 3:19), Powerful (Psalms 29:4; Hebrews 4:12; I Peter 3:22; Revelation 15:8), Holiness (Revelation 6:10; John 17:11; Mk. 1:24; I Thessalonians 1:6), justice (Romans 3:25,26), goodness or kindness (Romans 2:4; Galatians 5:22; Psalms 27:13), and truth (John 14:6).
1. What is the definition of attributes?
2. God's attributes can be m and n . His natural attributes relate
to and His moral attributes relate to God as a
3. If one is going to worship God they are going to have to do it how? John 4:24
5. Is God the answer to your life's problems? Why?
6. Can God sin and do unrighteousness? John 17:11, Psalms 27:10-14; John 17:25, Acts 7:52, Psalms 129:4
7. Does God's nature change, James 1:17 (YES, or NO).
8. Can God lie? Hebrews 6:17-20, Titus 1:2, 1 John 5:10, (YES or NO)
9. Does Jesus Christ in his nature or being ever change, Hebrews 13:8, (YES or NO).
10. Can you then trust God with your Life? Why?
There are attributes personally ascribed to God (I John 5:20): God can hate
(Proverbs 6:16), God can love (Revelation 3:19), God can be jealous
(Deuteronomy 6:15), God can be angry (I Kings 11:9), and God can be grieved
(Genesis 6:6). The attributes of God are intrinsic in His nature. They are in
separable and constitute the basis for His dealing with creation.
1. Omnipresent (Present everywhere) (Psalms 139:7-10; Jeremiah 23:23,24).
2. Omniscient (All knowing) (Romans 11:3-6; I John 3:20; Acts 15:18; Hebrews 4:13;
Luke 5:4-11; John 1:45-51; Ps. 147:5)
3. Omnipotent (All powerful) (Mat. 19:26; Job 42:2; Psalms 66:7).
4. Immutable. (Non Changing) (Malachi 3:6; James 1:7)
5. Holy (Isaiah 6; Revelation 6:10; John 17:11; Mk. 1:24; I Thessalonians 1:6).
6. Righteous (Romans 3:21; Psalms 129:4; John 17:25; Acts 3:14; 7:52).
7. Good (Psalms 103:8; Matthew 19:17; John 10:18).
8. Love (I John 3:1; 4:8).
9. Grace (John 1:14,17, Acts 20:32, Romans 5:15, Ephesians 2:8,9).
10. Merciful. (Psalms 130:8; Luke 6:36; Jeremiah 3:12)
11. Truth (I John 5:20; John 14:6).
1. Is God always present (YES or NO). Is there somewhere you can go to get away from Him? YES or NO
2. Are there any thoughts or feelings in which God does not know and cares?
YES or No, If yes what is it?
3. Is there anything impossible with God and is His rule all-powerful? YES or NO
4. Look up above verses and describe what God means to you, and what His feelings towards you are:
God has made decrees in keeping with His character. There are two kinds, perfect (Ephesians 1:11) and permissive (I Corinthians 10:13). God did decree permission for evil to be done but God did not decree evil.
1. There are two kinds of decrees in keeping with God's character, they are His and His decrees.
2. What does the above paragraph mean when it says God permits evil to be done but did not decree evil.
3. Has something evil happened in your life, which you have blamed God for or have you, trusted God for all His righteousness? Who is the author of sin? (Satan or God).
God is the Creator. He created the world out of nothing. All three Persons of the Godhead were involved (Genesis 1:1-2; Colossians 1:15). He planned it in eternity past and when He created, it was immediate as recorded in Genesis 1 and 2 (Psalms 33:6,9; Hebrews 11:3; Genesis 2:7). He created material and immaterial things (Psalms 19:1; John 1:3; Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 1:2,10).
The Providence of God, "Providence is that continuous agency of God by which He makes all events of the physical and moral universe fulfill the original design with which He created it." (A. Strong) God is the Author of all things (I Corinthians) and has the sovereign right and power to rule all things after the desire of His own will. (Isaiah 55:9-11; Psalms 115:3; Daniel 4:35; Job 23:13; I Chronicles 29:11-12). All things work to glorify and honor Him and all His creation are to seek God's plan for existence. (Proverbs 16:4; Isaiah 43:7; Ephesians 1:12) Therefore, God determines events (Acts 12:5-19; 17:24-31), He permits certain events (Romans 1:24,28), Certain events are prevented (Genesis 20:6), and God directs in His works (Genesis 50:20; Romans 8:28).
1. Define Providence (look up in the dictionary)
2. In the following verses what events happen because of God's providence:
b. Psalms 115:3
c. Job 23:13
3. What things are mentioned in the following verses that are going to glorify God?
b. Isaiah 43:7
4. What events does God determine?
a. Acts 12:5-19
5. What events do God permit, Romans 1:24,28
6. Does God prevent events from happening sometimes, Genesis 20:6? YES or NO
7. Does God direct in His work? How? Romans 8:28 and Genesis 50:20
8. Does God direct in your life?
Illustration of the Godhead or trinity of the one God in three persons Father, Son and Holy Spirit:
Time - time is one and made up of three unique parts which are all the one time. There is past, present and future and each one of itself is not the other and would not exist without the other. Without all three time would not exist, take away past and time ceases to exist, it is not present time or future, this is the same for present or future.
Before leaving this follow-up page you may want to print it now and review it often. Print
It is recommended for all to further their Biblical study and understand to purchase the following books!!
The first book -
- Xulon Press, The Essential Criteria of Dispensational Theology for the Professional and Layperson
(Hard cover -ISBN : 9781662801969 or soft cover ISBN : 9781632219657 Xulon Press,
- Amazon.com paperback, hard copy, Kindle: ISBN : 9781632219657.
- Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com) Paperback, Hard Copt, Nook book,
- eBay - ISBN : 9781632219657 | eBay,
- Cokesbury - The Essential Criteria of Dispensational Theology,
- Search New & Used Marketplace Books: Booksamillion.com).
The other book -
- Xulon Press, Where Is God? Lexie Discovers God's Plan to Save the World
(see video ISBN : 9781498421553 Xulon Press.
- Amazon paper back, Kindle: Amazon.com : ISBN : 9781498421553,
- Barnes & Noble (barnesandnoble.com,
- eBay - ISBN : 9781498421553 | eBay,
- Search New & Used Marketplace Books: Booksamillion.com).
World Wide Outreach Ministry Inc.
By: Theodore D Pestor/ President/Pastor BTH
Back to main study
Please feel free to give your feed back. Thank you Ted! email@example.com