Man Created in God's Image But Totally Depraved
Man was created by God. Neither Adam nor Eve came into existence through any evolutionary process (Genesis 1:26,27). God created man out of the dust of the ground, (Genesis 2:7). Then God breathed into man the breath of life (Genesis 2:7). We were created in the image or likeness of God having a personality with intellect, emotion, will and conscience (Genesis 1:27). Both Adam and Eve were created with the immaterial and material substance which God created. They were created to reproduce after their own kind which begins at conception. They both were created perfect and righteous which had not been tested. They had a free will to choose between obedience or disobedience. When tried by Satan, they disobeyed God and sin passed upon all mankind (Romans 5:12-14). Because of the act of sin the
consequence of death resulted: spiritual death (Ephesians 2:1), physical death(Hebrews 9:27) and eternal death (Revelation 20:14 c. v. 10; Jude 7).
1. True or False God created you it is no evolutionary process.
2. True or False God created you out of the dust of the ground.
3. True or False Our first parents were Adam and Eve.
4. True or False You are created in the image of God.
5. True or False You are a product of evolution or chance.
6. True or False You do not have a free will to choose.
7. True or False Man is totally depraved and can not save himself.
8. True or False Sin passed down to all mankind because of Adam's sin of disobedience.
9. True or False Death is a result of sin and has passed down to all men since Adam.
I. The Origin of Man is a created act of God (Genesis 1:26,27).
1. The material from dust (Genesis 2:7) and woman made from man's rib material (Genesis 2:20-25).
2. Immaterial came from God - the breath of life (Genesis 2:7).
3. Created with age (Genesis 2:15-17).
4. Created with ability to choose (Genesis 3:6).
5. Created to reproduce and populate the earth (Genesis 1:28; Acts 17:26; ).
6. Created to manage and take care of the earth (Genesis 1:26; 2:15,16).
7. Created man to have fellowship with God (Genesis 3:8,9).
8. No death before the fall therefore the fossils show death after the fall.
Genesis 2:15-18 c. Romans 8:20
II. Created in God's image or likeness (Genesis 1:27; 5:1,3).
1. Intellectual (Colossians 3:10).
2. Moral (I Timothy 2:14,22; James 1:21).
3. Immortal (Ecclesiastes 3:11; Daniel 12:2).
III. Man is trichotomous, made up of three parts: body, soul, and spirit.
(I Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 4:12)
l. The soul is man's consciousness of self and the world around
(Proverbs 16:17; Job 10:1; 7:11; 30:25).
2.The spirit gives consciousness towards God (Proverbs 20:27; Romans 8:16) and according to Genesis 1:26,27 how did the man come to being?
IV. Explain in your own words the following phrases to disprove evolution.
a. Man was created with age.
b. Fossils show death.
1. In Genesis 3:6 man was given the ability to choose. Why do men refuse to
choose to come God's way for salvation? John 3:18-21
2. If God created man to reproduce and populate the earth is it wrong for others to limit the number of children a family has, (YES, NO). Is it wrong then to limit the number of children by the family, (YES, NO)? When does life begin,
(at conception, or birth)?
3.According to the following passages when does life begin and why did you answer it the way you did?
a. Psalm 139:13-18
b. Luke 1:11-19,39
c. Luke 1:29-37
d. Acts 17:26-31
4. According to Genesis were man created to work before sin or after he sinned?
5. Genesis say man had fellowship with God before sin. What did God do with
man in this relationship according to Genesis 3:8,9?
6. Is woman and man created in God's image? Genesis 1:27 (YES, NO)
7. Is man an intellectual being? (YES, NO)
8. What makes a man eternally intelligent, and wise? 1 Corinthians 1:18-31,
9. Man is created immortal (Ecclesiastes 3:11, Daniel 12:2) and therefore each
man has to chose if he will spend eternity in heaven or hell. How can you go to
heaven? 1 John 5:9-13: John 3:16
10. After reading Roman numeral I item C, page 20 define body soul and spirit
in your own words.
V. The Fall of Man
A. Consequence universal to all men (Romans 5:12-14).
B. Man was tempted (Genesis 3:1-5).
C. Man failed to obey (Genesis 3:6-7).
VI. Consequence to man (Total Depravity)
A. Ground cursed (Genesis 3:17-19).
B. Pain and sorrow in childbearing (Genesis 3:16).
C. The leadership role of our present husband/wife
relationship. Genesis 3:16)
D. Spiritual, physical and eternal death (Genesis 2:17).
E. All men are sinners and under condemnation (Romans 5:12).
F. All in bondage to sin and Satan (Romans 7:7,14,15,23,24;
G. Man's flesh wars against his soul (I Peter 2:11).
H. Man's spirit is corrupted (II Corinthians 7:1).
I. Man's intellect is blinded and corrupted (2 Corinthians 4:4; 2
J. Man's emotions are regulated by unrighteousness (I John 2:15;
Romans 7:8,15,18; Zephaniah 3:5 b).
K. Man's will, intellect and emotions are defiled (Titus 1:15;
Romans 3:10-18; Hebrews 10:22; I Timothy 4:2).
1. Read Roman numeral II The Fall Of Man. Does that include you and why?
2. After reading Roman Numeral III Consequence to man (Total Depravity) is
there any of the above you would like to know more? Which ones under III?
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K.
Before leaving this follow-up page you may want to print it now and review it often. Print
It is recommended for all to further their Biblical study and understand to purchase the following books!! The Essential Criteria of Dispensational Theology for the Professional and Layperson (Hard or soft cover). Where Is God? Lexie Discovers God's Plan to Save the World (Soft cover only see video).
World Wide Outreach Ministry Inc.
By: Theodore D Pestor/ President/Pastor BTH