BIBLE STUDY LESSON 7 ANGELOLOGY Doctrine of Angels
Are There Angels and Are They Influencing Our Lives?
Angels are spirit beings created by Christ. They were created holy and with the ability to choose to remain in that state or to follow Satan (Lucifer, the morning star, son of the dawn) in his fall. Demons came from among the group of angels that fell with Satan and they are actively at work in the world today working against God and Christians. The angels who remained faithful to God are confirmed in their holiness and they act as God's messengers being involved with believers. The angels learn from believers and have a ministry with those who shall be heirs of salvation. Someday believers will take part in judging the angels (I Corinthians 6:3).
I. Origin of Angels:
A. They were created by God the Son (Colossians 1:16; Nehemiah 9:6, Psalms 148:2,5).
B. They were created either at the foundations of the earth or were created at some unknown
time before (Job 38:4-7).
C. There were many angels created, the exact number unknown (Hebrews 12:22)
.D. They were created in a state of holiness Mark 8:38, Luke 9:26,
.E. One third of the Angels fell with Satin Isaiah 14:12; Ezekiel 28:12-15;
Matthew 25:41; Jude 6; 2 Peter 2:4;).
1. Why was Angels created? Colossians 1:16 ,
2. Nehemiah 9:6 says that Angels were created and they worship God.
TRUE or FALSE.
3. Psalm 148:2,5 say the Angels do more than worship Him, what else do they do?
V 2 ,
4. The angels were created either at the foundations of the earth or some time before, what did they do while God was creating the earth?
5. Do we know how many Angels were created? YES, NO. , Hebrews 12:22
6. With what event does, Mark 8:38 call the Angels holy?
7. What event is the Angels called holy in Revelation 14:8-1
8A second angel followed and said, "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries." 9A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, 10he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name." 12This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.
8. Because the Angels were created holy they cannot be redeemed. What was the reason the Angels fell from their holiness, Revelation 12:3,4,7-9?
Isaiah 14:12-15 ______________________________________
II. Nature of Angels:
A. They are spirit beings (Hebrews 1:13,14; Ephesians 6:12).
B. They do not marry each other and whenever they appear, they appear as male beings,
C. They are personal beings (2 Samuel 14:20; Daniel 9:21,22; 10:12; 2 Timothy 2:26; Revelation 12:7).
D. They are immortal beings (Luke 9:26; 20:35-36).
E. They can move around and are powerful (Matthew 26:53; Daniel 9:21,22; Psalms 103:20; 2 Peter 2:11).
F. They are glorious (Luke 9:26).
G. Angels have names (Daniel 9:21,22; 10:13; Mark 5:9).
H. They are beings of various ranks and order (Ephesians 1:21;Daniel 10:13).
1. Hebrews 1:13,14 tells us that Angels are spirits and calls them a certain kind of spirits, what are they called? .
Also they have a responsibility of service, to whom dothey serve? .
2. The Angels who fell with Satan are called evil, who is their evil directed? Ephesians 6:12 .
3. The Bible says that the Angels do not marry, how is this contrasted to believers in eternity in Matthew 22:29, 30?
Is the subject matter telling us that we will be sexless, male or not going to marry?
4. When the scriptures show a creation of God having person hood it mean they are not some force of God. What events is happening in the following passages to show this and by what action of their person do the Angels show person hood?
a. II Samuel 14:20 _____________________________________________________
b. Daniel 9:22
c. II Timothy 2:26
d. Revelation 12:7
5. God says we will be like the Angels in Luke 20:36 in what way?
6. Read Matthew 26:53 in the context and tell me if the Angels are powerful and how would you prove this by this passage.
7. Even though the Angels are powerful and stronger than any man they do not slander who? II Peter 2:10-12 .
8. Angels have names what are some of them given in scripture? Daniel 9:21 , Daniel 10:13 , Mark 5:9 .
9. Angels are organized like the military; they are organized in rank and order, what happened in Daniel 10:13 shows this and how was it resolved? _________________________________________________________________________________
10. Jesus Christ after the resurrection was put back in the position of authority over the Angels.
Ephesians 1:20,21, TRUE or FALSE.
III. Ministry of Angels:
A. Worship to God (Isaiah 6:2-3; Hebrews 1:6).
B. Praise of rejoicing over God's work (Job 38:4,7; Luke 2:13,14).
C. Execute God's will (Psalms 103:20,21).
D. Work in the affairs of nations (Daniel 10:10-14; 20,21).
E. Work and guard over believers (Psalms 91:11).
F. Every child has one, which stands before God (Matthew 18:10).
G. Minister to God's people (Hebrews 1:14; Revelation 1-3).
H. Defend and deliver God's servants (2 Kings 6:17).
I. Will accompany Christ at His return (Matt 25:31)
J. Involved in separating the righteous & unrighteous (Matthew 13:49).
K. Aid in the punishment of the wicked (2 Thessalonians 1:7-8).
L. Aid in God's wrath on earth (Revelation 15).
M. They are involved with the transportation and entry into eternity. Luke 16:22, I Thessalonians 4:16)
1. Who of the Godhead does Hebrews 1:6 say the Angels worshiped The Father, The Son, or the Holy Spirit?
2. Was there singing during the creation of the world according to Job 38:4, 7?
YES, or NO.
Who did the singing? .
3. In Luke 2:13,14 when the Angels praised the coming of the savior could they have done it by singing their
praise? YES, or NO. 4. Psalm 103:20,21 says the
Angels execute God's will, what work is recorded in the
following passages are the Angels going to perform during the tribulation?
a. Revelation 7:1-4
b. Revelation 20:1-3
4. Who was involved in the affairs in the nations of Persia and Greece?
Daniel 10:10-14, 20, 21.
5. The Angels are commanded by God to his people. Psalm 91:11.
6. Matthew 18:10 say that Angels do what for children?
7. Angels have a responsibility before God to do what according to Hebrews 1:14?
8. Who in II Kings 6:17 did the army of God's Angels defend and deliver?
9. What event will the Angels accompany God in fulfilling? Matthew 25:31 and I Thessalonians 4:16
10. What will the Angels do with the people after they separate them from each other? Matthew 13:49,50? .
11. There is a descriptive adjective used to describe the Angels who come with God to punish the wicked, what is it? .
12. Revelation 15 says that the Angels are going to help God in the tribulation period, what will they be doing in this passage?
13. Who did the Angels transport into eternity to show us that Angels are involved with the transportation and entry into eternity? Luke 16:22
IV. Special Classifications of Spirit Beings:
A. The Elect Angels (I Timothy 5:21):
1. Cherubim (Hebrews 9:5; Ezekiel 10:4; Genesis 3:22-24),
2. Seraphim (Isaiah 6:1-3),
3. Living creatures (Revelation 4:6-9),
4. Archangel (I Thessalonians 4:;16; Jude 9),
5. Michael/Chief Prince (Daniel 10:13; Revelation 12:7),
6. Gabriel (Daniel 9:21).
B. The Fallen Angels:
l. Satan, Serpent, Lucifer, Dragon (Revelation 12:9),
2. Loose ones (Mk. 5:9,15; I Timothy 4:1) (Angels & Demons),
3. Bound ones (II Peter 1 2:4; Jude 6).
1. How many classification of spirit beings does Number IV say there are?
ONE, or TWO
2. What charge did God give us in front of His Elect Angels?
3. Look up the following in the dictionary and write the definition; then look up the above passages and
see if the definitions are right.
4. Besides Satin the Bible teaches that there are the loose Angels and the bound one, why do you think
there is a difference? Look up passages under IV. B. 2, 3 for help.
V. Satan (Revelation 20:7,10; Revelation 12:9).
A. Names of Satan used in Scripture:
1. Satan (Revelation 12:9; I Timothy 1:20) (KJV Adversary),
2. Lucifer (Isaiah 14:12) (light bearer),
3. Devil (Revelation 20:7,10) (Lyre),
4. Ancient Serpent (Revelation 12:9),
5. Prince (or ruler) of the power (or kingdom) of the air (Ephesians 2:2), (Leader of Evil Angels),
6. Prince of the World (John 14:30; 12:31)
(influence of Satan over government and world affairs),
7. The god of this age (II Corinthians 4:4) (False worship and religion),
8. Dragon (Revelation 12:9),
9. King of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:11),
10.Morning Star (Isaiah 14:12),
11. Beelzebub (Matthew 10:25) (Prince of devils),
12. Belial (II Corinthians 6:15) (worthless),
13. Angel of Light (2 Corinthians 11:14),
14. Tempter (Matt 4:3; I Thessalonians 3:5) (Desire to incite man to sin),
15. Accuser (Revelation 12:10; Job 1:6-12) (slanderer),
16. Leviathan (Job 41:1-11; Isaiah 27:1).
1. Who is your adversary according to Revelation 12:9,10?
2. Look up Lucifer in the dictionary and write the meaning of his name and the first definition given.
3. Look up Isaiah 14:12, does the dictionary agree to the meaning of the name Lucifer? YES, or NO.
4. The name Devil means liar does Satin live up to his name? YES, NO.
B Satan's Original State:
l. Created perfect in wisdom and beauty (Ezekiel 28:12),
2. Was next to God on the holy mount (Ezekiel 28:14),
3. Sinless in conduct (Ezekiel 28:15),
4. He had access to the Garden of Eden (Ezekiel 28:13).
C. Satan's Fall:
l. Heart lifted up with pride (Ezekiel 28:17),
2. Heart full of wrong ambition (Ezekiel 28:16,18),
3. Lied to Eve and tempted her to disobey (Genesis 3; Ezekiel 28:13).
D. Satan's Judgment:
1. Degraded in moral character (Ezekiel 28:16),
2. Deposed from on high (Ezekiel 28:16),
3. Declared to be judged at the Garden (Genesis 3:14-15) and
by Jesus Christ at the cross (John 16:11)
4. Defeated at the Cross (I Corinthians 2:6-8),
5. Destroyed at the Cross (Hebrews 2:14)
6. Disposed for eternity in lake of fire (Revelation 20:10; Matthew25:41)
E. Satan's Work Today:
l. Instigates sin (Genesis 3:1-6; I Peter 5:8),
2. Affliction and suffering caused (Acts 10:38; Luke 13:16),
3. Causes death (Acts 5:3 c. V. 5; Hebrews 2:14; Job 1:2-19; 2:6),
4. He Captures men (I Timothy 3:7, 2 Timothy 2:26),
5. All the meanings of the names given to Satan are his traits practiced in the world.
A. They are Satan's emissaries (Matthew 12:22-30),
B. They are Spirit beings (Matthew 8:16; Luke 10:17,20),
C. There are multitudes (Mk. 5:9)
D. They are unclean spirits (Matthew 10:1; 12:43),
E. They can enter unbelievers and control them (Mk. 5:8,11-13),
F. They can oppress believers (Ephesians 6:10-12),
G. They afflict men with sicknesses both physically and mentally (Matthew 12:22; Mk. 5:4-5).
VII. There is no hope of salvation for fallen spirit beings. (Matthew 25:41; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6) Jesus Christ is said to have died to redeem the human race not angels (Hebrews 2:16-18)
Before leaving this follow-up page you may want to print it now and review it often. Print
World Wide Outreach Ministry Inc.
By: Theodore D Pestor/ President/Pastor BTH