Memorize Scripture and the Subconscious
1. SALVATION: Luke 23:39-43 - One needs to be reconciled to God by their personal acknowledgment of their need. One needs to be saved and one needs to acknowledge the fact before one can be saved, (something has to change). To be saved one needs to acknowledge their personal need for help. Salvation is for forgiveness of sin not some spiritual intervention to satisfy some personal desire or personnel need. This transaction is done between God and the individual. Act 17:24-28, Romans 6:23, 10:13
2. As a Believer, I have to desire to be changed or improve in life from a Godly perspective. (Overcoming sin, how to respond, be a better mother, husband, wife child, etc.) Sanctification, John 17:19, Romans 15:16, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 2 Timothy 2:11-21
3. We need to hate sin more and reverence God. Is 33:6 He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure. Philippians 2:12
4. Realize you are dealing with your subconscious and having the subconscious changed will change one’s behavior if Spiritual truths are applied. Remember many of one sins has deep roots and wrong practices have been learned from birth. ‘God’s word that I have hid in my heart’ Ps 119:9, 11, Rom. 10:17
5. We look for scripture which relate to the area we have become aware God what us to change. Here is where sometimes it becomes tricky – many times we discover the guilt of our failure and only go that far for change. We need to learn new Godly behavior in our souls, and to do this effectively we need to memorize and meditate on the positive behavior God want us to live. Looking for the opposite behavior for the sin we have been performing.
6. Remove location References with book and verses. (Man made for easy location but may not be conducive for personal change)
7. Personalize the passage to yourself personally. (Very important, this adds to your ability to meditate on the truth)
8. Read the passage a minimum of 50 time after you have rewrite it making it personal and before you write down your discoveries. This set up the meditation process.
9. Now write down your discoveries you are finding as you read and meditate. The new discovery will be recognized as you read it beyond the fifty times and you will find blessings you never saw before and it will become implanted into your subconscious mind the rest of your life and brought to service by the Holy Spirit as you are in need of the truth discovered. This also will give you stepping stones for further growth by apply this discipline to the new discoveries. I recommend you do this for at least 30 days.
Note: Keep this tool for use whenever you need it and share it in helping other so they can be successful in their walk with Christ. If you do not use it now God can and will show you how it can help you latter. Also if you want to make it even more helpful put your verses on a disk or tape and listen to it as you fall asleep.
1. Salvation needed first.
2. Luke 23:39-43 (New International Version) -a Believer, I have to desire to be changed or improve in life from a Godly perspective
39One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!" 40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong." 42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. 43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.“
3. We need to hate sin more and reverence God.
my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much
more in my absence—continue to
your salvation with fear and trembling,
Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God
nor gave thanks to him, but their
their foolish hearts were darkened.
Romans 1:28 Furthermore, since they did not
it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a
to do what ought not to be done.
1 Corinthians 14:20 Brothers, stop
like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your
Ephesians 4:17 So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you
must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking.
Philippians 3:15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things.
And if on some point you
differently, that too God will make clear to you.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is
excellent or praiseworthy—think
about such things.
4. Realize you are dealing with your subconscious and having the subconscious changed will change one’s behavior if Spiritual truths are applied.
and Meditation synonyms - Consideration, thought, deliberation, contemplation,
reflection, rumination, pondering, :
Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
Psalm 39:3 My heart grew hot within me, and as I meditated, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue:
rulers sit together and slander me, your servant will
on your decrees.
Psalm 119:99 I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes.
Psalm 119:148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.
Luke 2:19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
2 Timothy 2:7 Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.
1 Corinthians 3:18
deceive yourselves. If any one of you
he is wise by the standards of this age, he should become a "fool" so that he
may become wise.
1 Corinthians 8:7 But not everyone knows this. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat such food they think of it as having been sacrificed to an idol, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled.
1 Corinthians 14:20 Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.
5. We look for scripture which relate to the area we have become aware God what us to change.
6. Remove location References with book and verses
7. Personalize the passage to yourself personally
8. Read the passage a minimum of 50 time - before you write down your discoveries
9. Now write down your discoveries you are finding as you read and meditate. The new discovery will be recognized as you read it beyond the fifty times - This also will give you stepping stones for further growth by apply this discipline to the new discoveries. I recommend you do this for at least 30 days.
Warning when working to the completion of a truth in your life:
You may have
night mare for a while – the Holy Spirit is cleansing and your flesh will fight
but lose the battle – do not give up doing the discipline
World Wide Outreach Ministry Inc.
By: Theodore D Pestor/ President/Pastor BTH